The happiest blog on Earth
Looking for last minute presents for your Disney friends/siblings/children? Take a look at this list of stocking stuffers! Click on each picture for a link.
1. Minnie Ear Buds: Listen to Disney music in style with these adorable Ear Buds.
2. Disney's Frozen Sing-along Edition: It's been over a year since the movie came out, but the songs are still resounding in our heads.
3. Disney Princess Palace Pets: For those with younger siblings or children, slip them one of these small toys for unending fun.
4. Create Your Own "Pixie Dust" Watch: These are so cute because you can pick out everything, and even add your name! They have them for kids and for adults, and prices and looks vary.
4. Disney Mini Plushes: You can find almost any character in tiny plush form at your local Disney Store or on their website.
5. Disney Duct Tape: The one thing you can never get enough of.
6. Beautifully Disney Nail Polish: For the Disney fans that are a little older, and need to festively decorate their nails!
7. While you're at it, check out the rest of Disney's beauty products, like this eye shadow set.
8. Disney Infinity Characters: A few years ago Disney teamed up with the PS3 to create their game Disney Infinity, which lets the player control different Disney characters in a variety of different landscapes. While the figures are only useful if you own the game, there are so many to choose from, and they fit nicely in a stocking.
9. Disney Movie Phone Cases: For the Disney fan that can't put his or her phone down.
10. Into the Woods Soundtrack: For the drama geeks in your life, buy them what may be the most exciting present of the year.
11. Marvel Action Figures: For the comic or movie geek in your life, buy them these AWESOME Marvel figurines.
12. And of course, Disney-themed Candy, which you can find everywhere.
Need more ideas? Head over to your local Disney Store, or disneystore.com!
Because what everyone needs as a countdown of the best Disney Christmas movies!
13: A Christmas Carol: This one requires some explaining. So I love the original story of A Christmas Carol, but this version disappointed me. I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan, but I put that aside to watch the movie and wasn't as impressed as I expected to be. I have a problem with how the people are animated (maybe it's uncanny valley?), even if the landscapes are pretty. From here on out, I'll stick to just reading the tale.
12: Santa Buddies: By the time these movies had come out, I wasn't watching Disney Channel any more, so I never got into them. But I've heard the originals were a hit with kids, so still worth checking out!
11: The Ultimate Christmas Present: I'll admit, I've never seen this movie, but by watching the trailer, it doesn't look so hot...
10: The Santa Clause 3: While the first of these movies was fantastic, the sequels fell short (at least of my approval).
9: The Santa Clause 2: see above
8. I'll Be Home for Christmas: This once takes eighth place because I remember it being so odd that it was funny. Jonathan Taylor Thomas tries to go home for Christmas, is pranked majorly, and shenanigans ensue!
7. One Magic Christmas: Following in the footsteps of Christmas classics like It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol, One Magic Christmas is a heartwarming tale about learning the joy of Christmas. Plus, it has loads of adorable kids in it (even if this trailer is a little creepy).
6. Twas the Night: Oh the movie that made me want to be a con-man (woman?). No, i'm kidding, but this movie is pretty great. Young Josh Zuckerman works with Bryan Cranston (YES! OF BREAKING BAD FAME!) to deliver a funny science fiction Christmas flick.
5. The Santa Clause: Now I will admit, Tim Allen's presence may have had an effect on this movie's high ranking. Either that, or the fact that this movie shaped my childhood. The Santa Clause is a classic that is surely shown on ABC Family twenty times during the holiday season.
4. Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas: This one was a staple in my house during the holiday season, and it's easy to watch just one or two of the small stories. It makes fourth because no one can resist Christmas stories told by the classic Disney characters!
3. Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas: Basically the same as the second movie, but it came first so it rates higher! Also, there are less weird reindeer involved.
2. Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse: This movie is fantastic, mostly because it's a huge crossover between all of the Disney characters. This movie has EVERYONE you can think of! They laugh, worry, and sing in this adorable Christmas tale.
1. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas: I not only loved Beauty and the Beast as a kid, but I adored this movie! It's probably my favorite because of the nostalgia and the capacity it has to get someone into the Christmas spirit!
What do you think about these movies? Leave a comment below!
The week of Christmas is coming uo quickly, and I will be blogging every step of the way. Until then, if you're looking for presents for you Disney friends, look no more! Here are some of my favorites, organized by store and movie. Click on each picture for the link.
Check out The Disney Store, for obvious reasons, here.
Look at these AWESOME blueprints for Disney World / Disney Land geeks: here's the Etsy link.
I made an interactive image detailing the best of the Inside Out Twitter Q&A yesterday. Warning: works best on computers. Hover over each dot to see Pete's responses:
Also, Pete Docter, the famed Disney Pixar director, will be holding a twitter Q & A at 1:15! Haver a question? Tweet him at @iTunesTrailers.
Today is an exciting day for Pixar news. The animation company released another trailer for Inside Out. Check it out here:
10) Pacha’s kids are so cuteeeeee. (Extra e's optional).
11) Patrick Warburton has a history of talking to squirrels doesn't he?
12) There's a surprising lack of sweet Disney moments in this movie.
13) ALL OF THE DISNEY BONDING MOMENTS.
14) I love that his kids had rehearsed how to get rid of people. #parentinggoals
15) This scene is so good, I can't even pick out all of the indivudual awesome parts:
This movie is quoted all the time in my household! It’s full of hilarious lines and cute character developments that make it one of those underestimated Disney greats.
Warning: the list below is not going to make any sense if you haven't seen the movie. There may also be spoilers ahead. I'm sure in the future I will do a full review of The Emperor's New Groove, but until then, if you haven't seen it, don't click the read more. You have been warned!
Without further ado, my thoughts:
1) This really is most dramatic opening in all of Disney history.
2) “You threw off my groove!”
3) Kuzco is such a loveable jerk. I'm almost cheering on the villains (that haven't even entered the plot line yet).
Kat Shambaugh: photographer, graphic designer, wannabe Disney princess. Literature, Media, and Communications major at the Georgia Institute of Technology.