The happiest blog on Earth
For today's post in our Studio Ghibli week, I'm going over some of the best quotes from Studio Ghibli movies! Without further ado, let's get started!
1."No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love." -Castle in the Sky
2. “You cannot alter your fate. However, you can rise to meet it.” -Princess Mononoke
3. "I've loved you since the wind brought you to me." -The Wind Rises
4. “We each need to find our own inspiration. Sometimes it’s not easy.” -Kiki’s Delivery Service
5. "Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart, then that creation is given a soul." -The Cat Returns
6. "This life, that is both our dormant and our treasure, was never meant to endure for eternity." -Tales from Earthsea
7. "The way you fell from the sky, I thought that maybe you were an angel or something." -Castle in the Sky
8. "A heart's a heavy burden." -Howl's Moving Castle
9. "My heart is stronger now that you're in it." -The Secret World of Arrietty
10. “They say that the best blaze burns brightest when circumstances are at their worst.”-Howl’s Moving Castle
11. “Everybody, try laughing. Then whatever scares you will go away!” -My Neighbor Totoro
12. "Airplanes are beautiful, cursed dreams, waiting for the sky to swallow them up." - The Wind Rises
13. “Life is suffering. It is hard. The world is cursed. But still you find reasons to keep on living.” -Princess Mononoke
14. "It doesn't really matter what color your dress is. What matters is the heart inside." - Kiki's Delivery Service
15. “Once you’ve met someone you never really forget them.” -Spirited Away
16. "There’s no future for people who worship the future, and forget the past” -From Up On Poppy Hill
17. “Life, as they say, has its ups and downs. At times, the waves may taunt you, tossing you in their swells. But take heart. It’s hard to stick with it and make it on your own. But even a couple of losers can survive most things if they’re together.”
-My Neighbors the Yamadas
18. "Life is a wave on the sea. Would you force the sea to grow still to save one wave? To save yourself?" -Tales From Earthsea
19. "May all your bacon burn!" -Howls Moving Castle
20. "The rough stone is inside you. You have to find it, and polish it. It takes time and effort." -Whisper of the Heart
Thursday's post, as you have probably guessed would occur, is a ranking of all of the Studio Ghibli movies, from worst to best.
Standard disclaimer: this is all my opinion. If you have a differing opinion, let me know in the comments!
Without further ado, let's get started.
It's Wednesday! Today is the day for some education of one of Studio Ghibli's very best writers and directors: Hayao Miyazaki. I've created a helpful Meet the Mind infographic on the man himself. Check it out!
For our second day, I've put together a simple infographic on the relationship between Disney and Studio Ghibli. Check it out below:
I can't believe I haven't done this yet, so I'm making up for it now. Because Disney has a great contract and relationship with famed animation company Studio Ghibli, I'm doing a Studio Ghibli week!
I grew up with Studio Ghibli movies, most specifically Hayao Miyazaki movies, and they have had just as much of an effect on my childhood as Disney movies.
To start us off, check out this great album of Studio Ghibli soundtrack highlights to get you in the mood!
Kat Shambaugh: photographer, graphic designer, wannabe Disney princess. Literature, Media, and Communications major at the Georgia Institute of Technology.