The happiest blog on Earth
Because what everyone needs as a countdown of the best Disney Christmas movies!
13: A Christmas Carol: This one requires some explaining. So I love the original story of A Christmas Carol, but this version disappointed me. I'm not a big Jim Carrey fan, but I put that aside to watch the movie and wasn't as impressed as I expected to be. I have a problem with how the people are animated (maybe it's uncanny valley?), even if the landscapes are pretty. From here on out, I'll stick to just reading the tale.
12: Santa Buddies: By the time these movies had come out, I wasn't watching Disney Channel any more, so I never got into them. But I've heard the originals were a hit with kids, so still worth checking out!
11: The Ultimate Christmas Present: I'll admit, I've never seen this movie, but by watching the trailer, it doesn't look so hot...
10: The Santa Clause 3: While the first of these movies was fantastic, the sequels fell short (at least of my approval).
9: The Santa Clause 2: see above
8. I'll Be Home for Christmas: This once takes eighth place because I remember it being so odd that it was funny. Jonathan Taylor Thomas tries to go home for Christmas, is pranked majorly, and shenanigans ensue!
7. One Magic Christmas: Following in the footsteps of Christmas classics like It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol, One Magic Christmas is a heartwarming tale about learning the joy of Christmas. Plus, it has loads of adorable kids in it (even if this trailer is a little creepy).
6. Twas the Night: Oh the movie that made me want to be a con-man (woman?). No, i'm kidding, but this movie is pretty great. Young Josh Zuckerman works with Bryan Cranston (YES! OF BREAKING BAD FAME!) to deliver a funny science fiction Christmas flick.
5. The Santa Clause: Now I will admit, Tim Allen's presence may have had an effect on this movie's high ranking. Either that, or the fact that this movie shaped my childhood. The Santa Clause is a classic that is surely shown on ABC Family twenty times during the holiday season.
4. Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas: This one was a staple in my house during the holiday season, and it's easy to watch just one or two of the small stories. It makes fourth because no one can resist Christmas stories told by the classic Disney characters!
3. Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas: Basically the same as the second movie, but it came first so it rates higher! Also, there are less weird reindeer involved.
2. Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse: This movie is fantastic, mostly because it's a huge crossover between all of the Disney characters. This movie has EVERYONE you can think of! They laugh, worry, and sing in this adorable Christmas tale.
1. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas: I not only loved Beauty and the Beast as a kid, but I adored this movie! It's probably my favorite because of the nostalgia and the capacity it has to get someone into the Christmas spirit!
What do you think about these movies? Leave a comment below!
Kat Shambaugh: photographer, graphic designer, wannabe Disney princess. Literature, Media, and Communications major at the Georgia Institute of Technology.