The happiest blog on Earth
"Perhaps he'll make his special brew
It's finally starting to get cold outside here in Georgia, so I've been craving warm comfort food. I can't remember when the idea of making snake and spider stew popped into my head, but with beef chuck for spiders and egg noodles for snakes, this stew is perfect for a Halloween meal.
Let's make Snake and Spider Stew!
This is adapted from a recipe from Martha Stewart.
1. Gather all ingredients and prepare by peeling, dicing, etc.
2. Heat oil in large pot on stove over high.
3. Add beef to the pot in order to brown it, and season with salt and pepper before letting cook for approximately six minutes.
4. Add onion to the pot (and more salt and pepper if you wish), then cook for about five minutes or until onion has softened.
5. Stir in the flour and cook for another one to two minutes.
6. Add the chicken broth and the water and give it a good stir.
7. Bring it down to a simmer and cook for approximately 25 minutes, or until beef becomes tender.
8. Add carrots, potatoes, and noodles and cook until tender, about ten minutes.
9. Add in the parsley and the vinegar.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Kat Shambaugh: photographer, graphic designer, wannabe Disney princess. Literature, Media, and Communications major at the Georgia Institute of Technology.